Team USA

Team USA
Sloan's Lake

22 June 2015

Final Race

After many weeks of phone calls, emails, crying and paddling I have decided it’s just time to return to Colorado. On top of all the political red tape I’ve been running into, my hip has been giving me lot problems.  There is likely a serious issue but I was hoping to be able to push through. I need to see my surgeon and honestly probably give my body as a whole a break.  I’m struggling with this decision but I figure if my hip isn’t as bad as I think or the pieces fall into place with the paperwork, Burton and will return. 


Before leaving I wanted to do at least one more race. The whole team traveled up to Bellingham for the Bellingham Regatta 2015. Lake Padden is beautiful and the Kenmore~Cascade Team had a WONDERFUL time. I raced hard and fast. I raced the 2000m, the 1000m, the 500m, and my favorite the sprint 200m!  I had so much fun racing able-bodied athletes and walked away feeling so blessed!




No comments: