Team USA

Team USA
Sloan's Lake

01 January 2008

Park City, Utah

Happy New Year!

I was a little bummed about having to race on New Year’s Day and not being able to celebrate last night, but that feeling soon passed. The morning was very brisk and cool as we arrived to the mountain. The race hill had been groomed and the sun was beginning to shine-it was going to be a good day.

I think sometimes your mind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Today my mindset was good and it paid off. The first run set was challenging to say the least. I watched 2 forerunners nearly blow out of the course before the 9th gate. I knew my line was going to be important and that’s all I thought about, turning early. I skied the line I wanted but didn’t let the skis run, I was sitting 4th. The second run set was a little less difficult and I tried to be more aggressive. The terrain was bumpy and tough, I made a few mistakes but I made it through. At the end of the day I had a Bronze medal around my neck! My first podium of the season and literally of this year! 2008 started off just fine for me. Yeah!





No comments: