Team USA

Team USA
Sloan's Lake

11 January 2008

SC # 3

The hill we’ve been racing on does not get any sun and they had not groomed so the track was slicker than it had been. When you run a course multiple days (without grooming) the track tends to get harder, slicker, and faster as you go. Although we weren’t running the same course, it was still very similar and this is exactly what happened to the track. I knew that it was going to be tough and I’d have to be ahead of it to have a decent run. Regrettably, that didn’t happen. On the first pitch I got behind and it stacked up on me so a few gates later I had to put on the brakes to try to make a gate but couldn’t do it and slid right by with speed. When I finally did stop I was too far down hill to make the gate. My day was over. I was bummed, but there were several others that ended up crashing or in the fence from similar mistakes, so I felt fortunate to have such a benign mistake.

On to France for some tech races!

No comments: