Team USA

Team USA
Sloan's Lake

07 January 2008

Slalom

We woke up this morning to rain and fog----yuck! I was trying to remain optimistic for a good day of racing but it didn’t really work out that way. The snow was SUPER soft and the course turned into a mine field. Over half the field didn’t finish (DNF) or were disqualified (DSQ.) Fortunately, I was not part of the DNF or DSQ groups but I did stop, fall over and hiked to make a gate. I have got to be the slowest person at hiking and I’m not exactly sure why I bothered because after I finished my run I was over 20 seconds out- which is ridiculous. Whatever, I guess I wanted to ski a second run. Despite the not so fun first run, the rain and fog we tried to gather our composure and went back up and went out for second run. My second run was loads better but still not super great. I skied okay but still didn’t exactly find the fast track. I keep thinking it’ll all come together one of these days. I’m hoping I figure it out soon.

The schedule has changed and we’ll be running GS tomorrow instead of SL. Then they hope to get 3 Super Combined (SC) races instead of 2. We’ll see, the hill is in pretty bad shape.

No comments: